Monday, December 10, 2012

Teddy Bear Parade

Hi, When I received the Cricut cartridge “Teddy Bear Parade” from Scrappy-Go-Lucky, I had so much fun playing with it. I believe you’re never too old to love a teddy, and this cartridge makes it easy to match any occasion - even Christmas or Halloween. Rather than do just one or two bears and put them on cards, I decided to make my own Teddy Bear Parade
 

I started by cutting all the pieces for each bear. I didn’t worry too much about colours, and used my Copics or Tim Holtz Distress Inks to create the colours and effects I was looking for. I then inked all the bears in a slightly darker colour with a course sponge to get a fluffy look, and Glossy Accents was applied to all eyes and noses.
 

Meet Scarlett (from Gone With the Wind) … Distress Inks were used on these flowers, with Mint Green Liquid Pearls used in the centres. The bows were cut twice, and the umbrella three times for extra dimension, and a piece of canvas was inked up and applied to add the texture to the underside of the hat. Perfect Pearls Mist in Pearl was used on parts of the dress for a gossamer effect (unfortunately this doesn’t really show in the photo).


This is Paige – Scarlett’s daughter. She was created using some cuts from the Tourist Bear. The jeans were inked with Distress Ink for a rich dark blue. Copics were used to achieve the light to dark pink shirt, before adding some swirls in pretty pink glitter.
 

Rockstar!! … The Metallic Paint Dabber in pearl was used for the guitar front, then Glossy Accents added to the rest of the guitar after colouring the remainder with Dusty Concord Distrss Ink for the deep purple colour. I used the Spica Glitter Pens for the guitar strings, definition on the bow, and to colour her belt. Of course a glittery microphone is a must.
 

Broncos Footy Bear … Was created using some parts from the Football Bear.


Fisherbear … The white Molotow All4One marker was used to make the white lures really white, then plenty of Glossy Accents for the lures, floats and fishing rod.
 

Harry Potter … Was created by combining parts from the Graduate bear and the Witch. Of course he is wearing Gryffindor colours (for those who know the books), and the hat was misted with water and crumpled for the old worn look.
 

Plenty of layers were cut for the straw of the broom. I added extra cuts to these, then coloured them with the gold Metallic Paint Dabber.
 

Photography Bear … Was created using parts of the Tourist Bear. Plenty of layers for the camera, with white Enamel Accents used for the camera lens.
 

His n Hers Army Bears … Created using a mix from the the Leprechaun Bear and Tourist Bear. The camera cut was covered in Glossy Accents and folded in half before attaching as a water bottle.
 

I’m sure you’ll have as much fun playing with “Teddy Bear Parade” as I have. The mix and match possibilities are endless.
 

Till next time … Tereesa



4 comments:

  1. So glad I bought this cartridge now that I have seen what you have done Tereesa. They are just so cut and cuddly, love all the extra bits of distressing and the glossy accents you have used really brings them to life.I think I will be borrowing your idea for Harrry Potter bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute love those cuddly bears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these!!! I am the illustrator that created this cartridge for Cricut. I am so happy to see that you are having as much fun with the bears as I did illustrating them. I especially love that you made Harry Potter with the graduation bear. That was totally my intention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these!!! I am the illustrator that created this cartridge for Cricut. I am so happy to see that you are having as much fun with the bears as I did illustrating them. I especially love that you made Harry Potter with the graduation bear. That was totally my intention!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading each one. They are sincerely appreciated and brighten my day.