Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cherish Card

Hi, It was my beautiful Grandmother's 91st Birthday this week, and I thought this gorgeous vintage image may bring back some lovely memories for her.
 

To achieve this 'spotlight' technique - after colouring certain parts of the image with Distress Inks in Milled Lavender and Squeezed Lemonade, I cut an oval from the centre, backed it with a slightly larger oval, then realigned and attached. Mandy at Scrappy-Go-Lucky has a great range of these Vintage Images by Pion Designs. This one is from "Little Sweeties" - You can check them all out here.
 

Just a quick post from me tonight. It's late and I have a busy day tomorrow.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Enjoy your week, Tereesa :-)
 

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning Teresa. Just by adding a splash of colour and framing the image with a few simple cuts you have really made it pop. I am sure this will make your grandma feel sweet 16 all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. teresa, what a great surprise seeing your post on my reader. wishing your grandma many more years to enjoy and the same to you and to alyssa.
    big hugs to all....the card is sublime. love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading each one. They are sincerely appreciated and brighten my day.